Bishop Larkin Catholic School honors our past, embraces our present, and envisions the future in a Christ-centered learning environment that fosters spiritual and academic growth. We work in partnership with our parents and parish communities to inspire students to flourish in the Catholic traditions of compassion, service, and leadership.
1. Bishop Larkin Catholic School believes that each student is a unique child of God, whose spiritual growth is nourished through prayer, liturgies, and celebrations of the sacraments.
2. We believe that our parents, pastors, principal, teachers, students, and parishes all share responsibility for the mission of the school.
3. We believe that ongoing evaluations and improvements to the curriculum promote the religious and academic education of the whole child.
4. We believe that through respect, communication, and hands-on activities, Bishop Larkin Catholic School provides a safe and nurturing learning environment.
5. We believe that students should be challenged to demonstrate an understanding of knowledge and skills across the curriculum for their continued education and future development.
5. We believe that through character development and participation in community and global service projects, students respond to the needs of their brothers and sisters in Christ, preparing them for their future roles as faith-filled Christian citizens.
Our mission is to inspire our students to be the best that they can be by spreading the word of God through our teachings and actions on a daily basis. We provide a supportive and caring learning environment where each child is encouraged to strive for academic excellence and grow in faith, knowledge and love. The education our students receive here is not an end in itself, it is a means to a greater end--knowing, loving and serving God.
Bishop Larkin Catholic School dedicates itself to the mission of educating student within a Christian framework following the guidelines of the Diocese of Saint Petersburg. These guidelines founded on the love of Jesus Christ, are infused into all areas of the curriculum. Bishop Larkin is committed to spiritual growth, academic excellence, and personal development. The school has 18 classrooms, a computer lab where students can work independently, a science lab, an art room, a music suite, and a large media center. Classrooms are equipped with interactive learning tools called SMART Boards. Our students are challenged and encouraged to become lifelong learners. Through the acquisition and use of technology, the faculty of Bishop Larkin Catholic School strives to bring our students into the twenty-first century.
The faculty and administration are aware that all children are unique. Accordingly, our curriculum and our lesson plans reflect the teaching strategies of both inductive and deductive reasoning and their associated learning skills. Interactions among teachers, parents, and students are demonstrated in creative approaches to religion, social studies, language arts, mathematics, science and science projects, the fine arts, music, and physical education, as well as extra- curricular activities.
Bishop Larkin Catholic School seeks to provide an environment that embodies the four hallmarks of Catholic education: message, community, service, and prayer. Daily prayer and weekly Mass provide nourishment and outward expression for the spiritual growth and development of the school community. Spiritual and intellectual growth and development are implemented in all class settings. We strive to provide our students with a deep sense of faith, responsibility, and commitment of service to both our local and global communities.
"Act Justly, love tenderly, walk humbly"